Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Last Couple Of Days (Days 56 - 58)

(Being the events of:)
FEBRUARY 27 - MARCH 1, 2011

Continuing where I left off in the last post, I just had gotten back from the day trip and didn't want to head back to my place just yet. I thought I'd check out the area around Notting Hill to see what was going on! And I found Portobello Road on a Saturday!

Portobello Road - the home of a noted clothing and antiques market since the early 19th century, when it began as a food market.

Now more of an attraction for tourists, it still is a very active antiques market on Saturdays, although I only caught the tail-end of it with it being 6pm at this point.. Also, Portobello Road was featured in the 1971 Disney musical 'Bedknobs and Broomsticks' where it gained further popularity.

Some stalls closing up in the early evening 

One of the antiques stores - this one featuring everything from posters to bags/jewelry to music.

Checking out a neat old church in the area, before I left

A quick look up Notting Hill Gate road before getting back on the tube

After that, I came back and wrote up the last post! So there's your segue.. 

--

Slept in on a pretty lazy, rainy Sunday. Tried to get a hold of my coach, but never heard from him.. Oh well. Just did some studying, cleaning, and organizing. Nothing too much was going on. Had an abstract algebra quiz coming up Monday, so I got ready for that. Chatted with Brittney and the parents, then watched some more Modern Family before heading to bed. Loving that show. Night!

--

Yesterday was a pretty normal Monday, with an added 'bonus' of the quiz. Pretty sure I aced it though, so that was that. Did a bit of grocery shopping to restock, then did some more relaxing and studying. Last night, picked up some beers at the local convenience store and pregamed before heading out to Mooney's with Mary and a couple of her friends. It was a good time and we ended up not getting back until 3:30am! Good thing I get to sleep in on Tuesdays.. passed out as soon as my head hit the pillow.

--

Slept in until 2pm - an achievement I haven't reached in months - so I was pretty content! I can't believe it's March already - where is the time going! Ugh. Although I will be happy to see everyone back home this summer; definitely missing the pals.. Anyway, nothing going on today, other than one lecture at 5. Ended up doing well on that Thermo exam Friday, so I was happy. Just kinda hung around and did some studying, amongst other odds and ends. Pretty easy day, which was nice. I finally have another football game tomorrow, so I'm excited! Weather's supposed to be nice all week - then Brittney's coming next week! I'm getting excited for that as well. Plus I just found out that the London St. Patrick's Day parade and festivities are Sunday the 13th, which is when she'll be here! It should be a lot of good ol' Irish fun! And we're also planning on a day trip to York next Wednesday. So many fun plans! Finalizing an outline of our itinerary is one of the other things I've been doing as well.. Some other potential highlights: a nice dinner out sometime, hopefully seeing a show, taking her to see the local sights, shopping on Oxford Street, and hitting up the local pubs amongst a bunch of other things! Looking forward to it

Also on the horizon - a trip to Wales this coming weekend! It's through the program I came to London through, which means it's free (technically it was included in the original fee, but hey who's counting..)! Pumped for that is well.. hopefully you'll soon be seeing some pictures of me climbing the mountains of Snowden in northern Wales!

Good music of the moment:
The Walkmen - "Donde Esta La Playa", off their album "You & Me"
These guys are great. Another solid indie band with a great, unique sound.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry about the quick update, just thought I'd get it out there before I fall too far behind! Especially with Wales this weekend, where I'll be sure to take some good pictures!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment