Saturday, May 21, 2011

Just A Stroll Through London On A Sunny Day (Day 139)

MAY 21, 2011

Just felt like taking a walk around London this afternoon in the beautiful (rapture-free, 'surprisingly') sunny weather. So yeah, here goes! I've taken most of these pictures before, but just felt like flashing around the camera today.. Been a while since I just went on a photo-run. Felt good!

I don't know if I'm just going to throw pictures up here, or put comments on them, or what.. I figure since I've already posted pics like these, there might not be much else to say.

From Waterloo Bridge:




Somerset House

The Strand

Trafalgar Square



Never remember what this building actually is, regardless of how many times I pass it or take pictures of it.

Around Horseguards:





Around St. James' Park:




All the country flags along the road were pretty neat




Buckingham from a bridge in the middle of the park

.. and Horseguards in the other direction.

Around Buckingham Palace:




All the construction around the statue was finally done so I was actually able to walk up onto it.


The Mall, under those great blue skies





Onto Green Park:



Brittney and I had a picnic here too!


I'm thinking of taking my guitar out underneath one of these trees some day next week. See if that gets the creative juices flowing (to be fair though, I've written some good stuff over the last couple days!)




Wellington Arch


Wandering around Victoria:


Geez, no getting over these walls..


Grosvenor (no idea how to go about pronouncing that..) Palace Gardens.

Aaaaaand looping back towards Parliament:





Nearing full circle down on Southbank:


Crazy busy on a Saturday

Now with a 'beach'!

So yeah: basically vented all those finals frustrations in a nice long, meandering walk today! Got to actually enjoy the weather, rather than watch it out the window. Anyway, it's been a while since I wrote a good picture-based post, thought I'd get one up! Almost actually went to one of the museums I still want to get to, but decided against it as it was getting late by the time I thought about it. Oh well, I'll have a ton of time once that last final is done on Wednesday. Speaking of that, I'll probably get started on studying tomorrow. Shouldn't be too bad of a final: more in my comfort zone (as opposed to thermo), since it's my Operating Systems close. Hooray for more computer stuff.

As for tonight, I'm torn as to what movie to watch. I've been hanging around (got some fish 'n chips for dinner, yum!), writing some music, and watching a couple episodes of Dexter, but gotta pick out a movie to finish off the night. Should I go with something new? I don't know if I'm in the mood for anything that's left on my list: 'The King's Speech', 'North By Northwest', and 'The Town' to name a few. Might go with an old faithful..? Maybe something out of my DVD case. Who knows. I'll flip through it in a minute and figure something out.

That's about it! Aaaaaand look at that: it's midnight. Looks like I survived the rapture! (crumples onto keyboard and bursts into flameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekfam ,jg∫˚ ≥™t/qafcbasdib;bfc





^how the hell did I make that TM symbol?!?! No idea.

Good music of the moment:
Sunny Day Real Estate - '100 Million'
Ha look at that - "Sunny Day". Didn't even mean to do that, it literally just came on my iTunes now. Nice.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only two weeks left! How nuts is that..
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment