Friday, June 3, 2011

My Last Day In London (Day 152)

JUNE 3, 2011

No more picture. No more new experiences, stories, or pints at the local pub (barring tonight, of course). I've had the last of my European adventures, for the time being, and so this blog is slowly losing its relevance. This may be the last post, or it may not. Who knows. Maybe I'll throw in a couple more once I'm home, just to round things up.

But it's not about the blog, or anybody spending time reading my ridiculous writings or ogling my amateur pictures. You've seen and heard it all - through the good and the bad, we've come up roses. And now it's time to head back home.

For today, it was just about exploring my favourite haunts and enjoying those last bits of London that I want to remember most: the view from Waterloo Bridge, King's College campus, Covent Garden Market and pubs, the flashy sights of Leicester Square and Piccadilly Circus, the imposing Buckingham Palace, the fountains and pillars of Trafalgar Square, Big Ben/Parliament and Westminster Abbey rising up into the cloudy London sky, and finally the tourist- and street performer-packed Southbank area surrounding the London Eye.

And it was an absolutely beautiful day, which made it all the better.
Top it off with some fish 'n chips and I'd say it was a damn good day.

Nothing left to do but pack up what's left and catch that long plane ride home.

But maybe a pint at the pub with some pals first..

Good music of the moment:
Islands - "Swans", off their album "Return to the Sea"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment