Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Boring Kind of Wednesday

(Being the immemorable events of:)
JANUARY 12, 2011

Looking back on Wednesday, I simply can't think of anything exciting or new that I did or that happened to me. I recall waking up to attend the utterly pointless and unnecessary 'Study Skills' lecture for study abroad students. Why was it so perfunctorily extraneous? Because it was entirely about writing papers, something that, as a computer engineer taking science-based classes, I probably won't have to do. After that, I believe I returned home to my flat and worked on updating this drab, boring, and increasingly less-relevant blog. Apologies for continuing to fall behind in updating this - as it is now Sunday, I have no excuses for only just writing about this past Wednesday..

.. unless you count having a (in the words of my British colleagues) proper brilliant weekend! So I'll catch up eventually. I don't really remember anything else happening Wednesday that's worth writing about. I probably went grocery-shopping or grabbed some McDonalds for dinner. It's completely worth being located at my apartment just for having access to a McDonalds right around the corner. If my home university, Case, still had that McDonalds/Mr. Hero on North Side where they're building the bookstore/Walgreens, I'd be fat. Seriously, them knocking that building down, while it made me quite sad, probably saved my diet from deteriorating these last few years.

I'm hoping once football starts up tomorrow night, I'll get back into a work-out routine; I'll probably join the gym soon, too. I'm still scoping it out, deciding whether it's worth the cost.

Anyway, Wednesday night was probably just as uneventful as Wednesday afternoon (I was going to say 'Wednesday day', but realized how stupid that sounded).

So here's some photos of the area surrounding my apartment that I took Wednesday when I was out and about. It should hold you over until I've had a proper update.

The smaller entrance to Waterloo Station that leads to the tube, rather than the rails. The McDonalds inside to the left is fantastic.

A cool building (I think it might be some sort of church..?) a couple buildings down.

A busy street to the left of my apartment. There are some cool-looking pubs, cheap restaurants, Sainsbury (the grocery store I've been frequenting, though I just heard about an even cheaper one), and the Waterloo tube stop. All just around the corner.

A random, but huge, IMAX theatre right outside to the left of my apartment. I don't know about what it's like on the inside, but it looks pretty cool from the outside. Also, I'll take this moment to express my surprise that Google Chrome advertisements are EVERYWHERE over here. I've never seen so many - it seems like there are barely any (if at all) back home..

A KCL library across the street, which I have yet to check out. If it has the books I'll need, it's literally 30 feet (I don't know the metric conversions for anything yet..) from the door to my apartment complex.

Good music I updated the blog to:
Coconut Records - "West Coast", off his great album "Davy"
I don't know if I like "Davy" or "Nighttiming" more, but they're both awesome, chill albums.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well that's all for this brief update. The next one's going to be about my trip to the fantastic British Museum so stay posted!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment