Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Living on the River Thames

(Photos and commentary beginning on:)
JANUARY 3, 2011

So there's this bridge called the Waterloo Bridge. It's about a five-minute walk away from my 7th floor apartment on Stamford Street, just south of the River Thames (pronounced like 'tems' in the local tongue, I'm told). This is the view when I look to my right:





And my left? Well. I think it speaks for itself:





Pretty awesome, all things considered. And all things have been: first of all, my location is great relative to campus, which I don't really have good pictures of yet, but here's the view of the back of my campus from the bridge:


It actually extends to the right a little more, but oh well. And those trees line a road that runs along the river down below the bridge. It's very pretty, I think I have a picture somewhere. The architecture on some of these buildings is phenomenal. I'll try to get more pictures up of the fronts, insides, and lecture halls as the semester commences.

Another thing that's great is the stuff in the area, the major train, tube (read: subway), and bus stop around the corner, and the accessibility to areas such as Covent Garden (big theatre and restaurant district), and Trafalgar Square and Piccadilly Circus (two major centers of history and entertainment, respectively)  - all right up the road across the bridge.

Also, once I put the finishing touched on my room, I'll put up some pictures of that as well. Including the view from my window of the top of the London Eye, to my left, and my airplane-bathroom sized shower-sink-toilet combo wall unit!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coming up in the next couple of posts: the Tate Modern art museum, a walking tour through most of the big London attractions, as well as random stuff from walking around London. And also STONEHENGE!

Sneak Peak:







Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment