Sunday, January 30, 2011

Boring Weekend (Days 27 & 28)

(A quick update for:)
JANUARY 28 - 29, 2011

Well, it's Sunday night and not much is going on; I thought I'd post a quick update while I watch an episode of Dexter. Speaking of Dexter, I'm on episode 11 (second to last) of the third season and it's so good. I mean, not as good as the first two seasons, which were exceptional, but this season has been a bit of a let down so far - up and down as far as pacing and story-line goes. Finally, as the end of the season is winding down, it's getting really good again.

Anyway, yesterday and today were pretty much the same: nothing really going on, so a lot of hanging out, organizing/getting work done, and time-wasting. Actually, I spent a lot of time looking at stuff for my trip to Italy over my spring break. I'm thinking do like a week, April 11 - 18, catching early flights out on both those days. Fly into Venice and spend a couple days there, fly down to either Florence or Naples (still deciding which one to do..) for another two days, then take a train to Rome and hang around there for three days, leaving the Monday after. I've read reviews on both sides of the whole Florence vs. Naples debate, and it seems to sway in favor of Florence. Naples looks really pretty, right on the water, but Florence has a ton of history and art, and is supposedly cleaner and nicer in the reviews. Any thoughts?

Played some guitar and actually started writing a new song - didn't get very far on lyrics, I've just hit writer's block. The music sounds real good though, so we'll see where that goes. I'm keeping my eyes open for a venue to play at sometime.

Watched 'Blade Runner' last night - 90s sci-fi flick with harrison Ford. It's been at the top of a couple lists for greatest sci-fi films, so I thought I'd check it out. It was pretty good! Although my online stream was pretty fuzzy, so I'd like to watch it again on a TV rather than my computer. I liked it though - had a futuristic film noir kind of feel to it. Good stuff. And Harrison Ford is fantastic, as always.
Lights out

--

Today was more sleeping in and more lounging. Nothing going on tonight, other than some basketball game that I didn't feel like watching - and I wouldn't even be drinking because I don't want to spend any more money today. The reason for that is that I bought a ticket to go see the show Wicked with some friends - it was real cheap through our program, and I've been meaning to see a show here, so I said 'What the hell!' Did some work the rest of the afternoon for my operating systems class, then cleaned a bit.

Oh, and it was a pretty nice day out today, so I took some pictures of the view from my window:

To the right, towards east London

To the left - London Eye on the horizon! That's one of the libraries across the street

I don't feel too bad about not doing much this weekend - I've got plans for tomorrow and Tuesday nights already, so that should be a good time. Also, I'm trying to conserve some money to take to Dublin next weekend. That's what I'm REALLY excited for. 

Plans for the rest of the night: finish this episode of Dexter, skype with the parents and the girlfriend, maybe watch a bit of 'Dark City', the next scifi movie that I've heard is pretty good and wanted to check out. We'll see. I've got 9am lecture tomorrow morning, and I'm setting three alarms so as not to miss it this time.

I was hoping to catch a bit of the All-Star Game tonight, but I don't know if there will be a good feed I can pick up from here. Winter olympics is also going on and I've been trying to catch the highlights. I miss having a TV and American television!

Good music of the moment:
Wilco - "Jesus, etc.", off their album "Yankee, Hotel, Foxtrot"
Fantastic song and album. Great hanging-out music.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't believe I've almost been here a month - it's going too fast! Although I do miss everyone back home.. better be a big shindig when I get back in June!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment